[Ffmpeg-devel] How to Compile faac codec

Yonglin Li yonglin
Tue Feb 21 00:18:48 CET 2006

Dear All,

I am trying to enable faac codec in my ffmpeg under Windows XP. However, I
failed to compile the faac library.

I have installed cygwin in my computer, and I followed the steps in its
INSTALL file. The faac in my computer is release version of faac_1.24. In my
faac source directory, I run

	./bootstrap
	CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' ./configure
	make

After that, I did find my faac.exe file. But this is not what I want, I need
the libfaac.lib and libfaac.dll file, but I cannot find them. Can some body
tell me how to compile faac for a dynamic or static library.

Thank you so much.

Thanks!

Yonglin