[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Feb 20 14:07:48 CET 2006

Robert Swain wrote:
> On 2/20/06, Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:
>
>>The mentions of cars and 'fast forward' gave me some ideas. Of course
>

> Mentions of cars? Did I miss that?

See near the top of the thread, there was discussion about software in
cars, esp. Rich's car!

>>you can see I am *no* artist! If anyone wants to start from that, feel
>>free, I am deeding any copyright to the group.
>

> Thanks for the appreciation of my logo design. I might attempt
> something based on this sketch this evening. Are they musical notes or
> wheels? ;) Tee hee, just kidding. :)

No, the idea is FFMPEG as a 'fasty fast' car. FF are the doors above
wheels, MPEG is (in) the front hood. Of course, the final sketch would
have to be in Ferrari red :-)

Another idea was to emphasize the 'free' with 2 F'es, one facing
backward, the top bars longer, to look like a bird, with indeed MPEG
making the notes of a bird's song. But all my sketches came out so
crappy I didnt post them

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux