[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat Feb 18 14:37:31 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 13:21, Oded Shimon wrote:
> Can you give the svg? I'd like to see what I can do... Also, why are you
> giving .ps for this... I had to compile and install a prog for this, either
> give the svg or some simple picture format... :)

I would have thought most people would have gs/gv by now...

Alex: Could you make the main FFmpeg text a bit cooler? The old faded red
style is a bit... old in my opinion. Maybe have a search around for some more
stylish logos for inspiration? :) I like the related text/diagrams around the
logo, but maybe they could be 'taken back a bit' using transparency or
something to make the actual project name stand forward more?

I have a friend who's quite proficient in Photoshop, I know you're not really
interested in Photoshop and vector graphics isn't really his thing, but he
could maybe mock up something that you guys would like, would be more
appealing and could be used as a basis for someone with vector skills. :) I
don't know what vector formats Photoshop supports, maybe he could provide
something useful for us.

Just my two pence,
Rob