[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Alexander Strasser eclipse7
Sat Feb 18 14:21:03 CET 2006

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 10:46:26AM +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> >   Anyway here is yet another draft at putting it in a vector format.
> > Download the ps here:  http://www.fh-worms.de/~inf150/p/ffmpeg-logo-3.ps
>
> nice :)

  i am happy you like it

> > (I hope it doesn't contain too many bugs *g* )

  ok, my hope was not enough *g*

> * above the sigma its N-1

  typo

> * the first 3 in the vlc table should be -3 or is it completely behind the p?

  Yes, i got the entries in the wrong order. But i placed it now
that the - disappears behind the p. I think the vlc table could
be placed scaled a bit different. But for now i leave it this way
as i will have to adjust it again after playing with the text.

> * the median(...) thing looks like it has been written by a drunken monkey
>   it has too many bugs to count ;)

  oops, i was in such a hurry that i just typed it from your
sketch and did not verify if it is correct just if it looks
remotely the same ^^"

  Please get the new version and see if i got it right this
time: http://www.fh-worms.de/~inf150/p/ffmpeg-logo-4.ps

> overall i like your "logo" best though
> one thing i would like to see (dunno how or if that can be done with all
> this vector stuff) is a more 3D look (shadows, bumpmap ...)

  ok, i will look into it and see what can be done

  we can also do some more fancy stuff for the presentation on
the homepage as it will be in a raster format.

> [...]

  Alex (beastd)