[Ffmpeg-devel] subtitles doesnt work

Peter Kornhuld Webmaaschter
Thu Feb 16 17:48:51 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2006 13:53 schrieb Ian Caulfield:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Peter Kornhuld wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2006 11:43 schrieb Ian Caulfield:
> >> Currently only DVB subtitles (in MPEG TS files) and DVD subtitles (in
> >> MPEG PS files) are supported.
> >>
> >> What kind of subtitles are in your Matroska file?
> >
> > Is was an Matroska with vobsub-Subtitles merged into it. But now i also
> > tried files with srt-Subtitles and had the same Problems :(
>
> vobsub support should be possible - it's the same codec as DVD subtitles.
> srt doesn't have a codec yet, and will require some architecture changes
> as ffmpeg currently only supports bitmapped subtitles, not text-based
> ones. As always, patches welcome!

:) I would do it if i could

> > Should seeking work, or isn't it implemented too?
>
> No idea about that, I'm afraid!
>
> > I can make you some sample-mkv-Files if you want.
>
> If you can make a short sample with vobsub subtitles I can probably knock
> up a patch to support it.
That would be cool. I tried to upload to ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming but
i couldnt make a directory or upload anything. Thats why i upped it here:
http://holzinux.dyndns.org/~holzi/seek-_and_vobsubproblem_in_Matroska/
Please say, if you have the files, so i can shut down apache again :)

 Peter