[Ffmpeg-devel] [Alison_Dwelley at idg.com: Re: Your Exclusive Invitation to LinuxWorld ???s .Org Pavilion]

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Feb 15 22:22:27 CET 2006

Anybody wants to go to LinuxWorld?

Mike Melanson is from SF, dunno who lives near Boston or is willing to
travel there...

Diego

----- Forwarded message from Alison_Dwelley at idg.com -----

From: Alison_Dwelley at idg.com
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:27:56 -0500
To: diego at biurrun.de
Subject: Re: Your Exclusive Invitation to LinuxWorld ???s .Org Pavilion

Diego,

Unfortunately we are not able to cover travel costs for these projects. I
am going to forward your contact information to our show organizers for
the LinuxWorld show in Germany. That event has move to Cologne this year
and will take place in November. They have a .Org pavilion as well.

Please let me know if you think of any US based contributors who might be
able to come to Boston.

Regards,
Alison

Alison Dwelley
Sales Operations Coordinator
IDG World Expo
Direct: 508-424-4834
Fax: 508-620-6690
alison_dwelley at idg.com
http://www.idgworldexpo.com

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>
02/14/2006 04:35 AM

Alison_Dwelley at idg.com
cc

Subject

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:50:11AM -0500, Alison_Dwelley at idg.com wrote:
> It is my pleasure to inform you that your organization has been chosen
> for this year???s .Org Pavilion at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo.

Which one, MPlayer or FFmpeg?  :)

> This invitation is for BOTH shows ??? Boston, April 3-6 and San
> Francisco August 14-17, 2006.  Please RSVP by February 17, 2006 to this
> email or contact me via email at Alison_dwelley at idg.com.  If you can
only
> make one event please let me know at this time so that we can make
> arrangements for another organization to take that place.
>
> The .org Pavilion is an exciting opportunity for .orgs to reach out to
the
> free software and open source communities during LinuxWorld Conference &

> Expo. We are happy to provide this opportunity for you to be recognized
> for all of your hard work in support of these communities.
>
> We are very excited to have you be a part of our 2006 .Org pavilion and
> look forward to seeing you at both the Boston and San Francisco
LinuxWorld
> events.  If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me
at
> 508-424-4834 or via email at Alison_dwelley at idg.com.

I very much appreciate the invitation and would love to participate in
LinuxWorld.  Here is my main question: Does your organization (partially)
cover travel expenses to LinuxWorld?  I'm (still) just a poor student from
Germany and will otherwise not be able to make the trip, much less both.

Regards

Diego Biurrun

----- End forwarded message -----