[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: interlace and motion artifacts

Erik Slagter erik
Wed Feb 15 11:33:23 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 13:11 +0000, Dieter wrote:
> > [...]
> >> [mpeg2video @ 0x815d10]ac-tex damaged at 42 9itrate=28766.6kbits/s
> >> [mpeg2video @ 0x815d10]Warning MVs not available
> >> [mpeg2video @ 0x815d10]concealing 924 DC, 924 AC, 924 MV errors
> > [...]
> > This says that the source material is broken.
>
> I get similar messages on all or nearly all mpeg2ts files.
> Even ones with minimal artifacts.

Are these transport streams from DVB? Then they will probably have bit
errors caused by bad reception. The transport stream is not supposed to
correct these, the lower layer (DVB itself) is supposed to take care of
these by using forward error correction.

Nevertheless you might want to try projectx which will signal and drop
packets that have bit errors. This might make it easier for ffmpeg to
make something out of it.