[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtjpeg and NuppelVideo decoder/demuxer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Feb 13 20:19:57 CET 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:32:21PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> are you crazy? ;) writing a function which does a slow % where a simple
> skip_bits(s, get_bits_count(s)&1/2/4/...);
> would be everything thats needed

Of course I am crazy :-). The &1/&3/&7 variant can't be generalized for
non-power-of-two-cases though and I though it might be useful for
something.
I will use a small macro instead.

> > +#undef printf
>
> 10l ...

hehe, well, I'm a big fan of printf debugging. I have to admit it shows
:-)

> IMHO size should be checked not only for security but also for error
> resistance, you dont want to skip the whole file ..

Agree on the check, but as long there are no resync mechanisms, skipping
the whole file is not worse than anything else.
In the next version I will apply this macro to size:
#define PKTSIZE(s) (s &  0xffffff)
looks okay?
I will also add support for audio/video only nuv files, does anyone have
samples for that? Because I don't...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger