[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just mystupidity? Be gentle...)

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Feb 13 14:00:53 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:31:29AM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
>>Alexander Strasser wrote:
>>
>>> I vote for postponing changes if needed to after the planned release.
>>
>>Sorry to come back again with my pet peeve, but you know that a major
>>behavior change after the release is going to be a nightmare; unless of
>>course we stick to the 'get cvs' olicy, and then why bother with a release?
>

> I don't see how a behavior change is easier to deal with before than
> after the release.  After the release is before the (next) release...

Then please tell me what we're going to reply to people who will post
"I've used the official release so-ans-so and make install does this but
does not do that". If we say "use cvs" it makes the idea of releases a
complete nonsense.

> Diego
>
> P.S.: Your quoting could be improved a bit, please remove mailing list
> footers etc.  Thank you.

Wilco.

--
Michel Bardiaux