[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg failed to compile

carboncopy carboncopy.public
Mon Feb 13 13:42:55 CET 2006

Okay ranlib on those three files fix the compilation. However, make
install gives me this :

orca:~/coding/build_ffmpeg carboncopy$ sudo make install
Password:
make -C libavutil all
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make -C libavcodec all
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make -C libavformat all
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
install -d "/opt/local/bin"
install -c  -m 755 ffmpeg ffplay "/opt/local/bin"
install -d /opt/local/lib
make -C libavutil   install-lib-static
install -m 644 libavutil.a "/opt/local/lib"
make -C libavcodec  install-lib-static
install -m 644 libavcodec.a "/opt/local/lib"
make -C libavformat install-lib-static
install -m 644 libavformat.a "/opt/local/lib"
install -d "/opt/local/include/ffmpeg"
install -d "/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig"
make -C libavutil   install-headers
install -m 644 avutil.h common.h mathematics.h integer.h \
               rational.h intfloat_readwrite.h "/opt/local/include/ffmpeg"
install: avutil.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install-headers] Error 71
make: *** [install-headers] Error 2

Which happen before the ranlib problem. Which I can understand since
the last make install was never completed therefore the ranlib was not
run.

Ok, how should I fix this now?