[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just mystupidity? Be gentle...)

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Feb 8 15:09:25 CET 2006

Alexander Strasser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
>>Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>>I think your problem results from path names in spaces in them.  Could
>>>you try putting quotes around the path names in config?

>>>Well, if you aren't willing to test it's impossible for us to fix bugs
>>>we cannot reproduce...
>>
>>You're right of course. I will try various tests - but as Napoleon said,
>>"Not tonight, Josephine" :-)
>

>   I think you had exactly the same problem as the previous poster where
> the LIB Makefile var got set to a ms lib path. So if my patch did work
> it should work for you know with configure from latest CVS. Would be
> nice if you could test that and report back.

Test 1, shared libs. This time I did *not* remove LIB from my environment.

make distclean
  ./configure  --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-strip
--enable-memalign-hack
make
make install

Everything went fine. Only 2 issues: strip not working (hence the
disable). And if I try and start ffmpeg.exe in a DOS box:

C:\Program Files\FFmpeg>ffmpeg.exe -h
This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

I will try the dlls in VisualStudio ASAP.

Test 2, static libs.

make distclean
./configure  --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-strip
--enable-memalign-hac
make
make install

Compiles OK, but installs only ffmpeg.exe (not the libs, not the
headers) and same problem running the ffmpeg.exe.

>   Alex (beastd)

Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
T +32 [0] 2 790 29 41