[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just my stupidity? Be gentle...)

Philippe Dirkse philippe
Thu Feb 2 17:55:17 CET 2006

Hi,

I just checked out the most recent cvs version of ffmpeg and am trying to build the windows dll versions as described in the documentation. However, I noticed this documentation to be somewhat dated because if I do a:
./configure --enable-shared --enable-memalign-hack --enable-mingw32

as described I get the following response:

You can only build one library type at once on MinGW... Specify --disable-static --enable-shared to only build the shared libraries...(bla bla...)

So I type:
./configure --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-memalign-hack --enable-mingw32

which runs fine, but when I continue with a make I get:
$ make
make -C libavutil all
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/Flipje/ffmpeg/libavutil'
Makefile:36: *** missing separator. Stop
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Flipje/ffmpeg/libavutil'
make: *** [lib] Error 2

And the make halts. If i do a:
./configure --enable-memalign-hack --enable-mingw32

the make process runs fine, but of course no .dll files which I require.

Unfortunately my knowledge of make and the makefile is limited (there is a reason I want dll files! :-S), so can somebody give me some pointers on how to fix this? I am using MinGW 3.1.0-1 and MSYS 1.0.1.

Best regards,

Philippe