[Ffmpeg-devel] build fails - libavcodec/xvid_rc.c vs. xvid.h
Thu Feb 2 05:13:06 CET 2006
Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:22:13PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>>> Yes, I think that's the problem. Those fields have been added in
>>> XviD 1.1.x. Make sure you've got xvid.h from CVS or the one from
>>> the recent 1.1.0 release.
>> I just updated XviD from CVS, compiled and installed, and still get
>> the errors. The header which was installed does in fact contain
>> those members, but two of them have very slightly different names
>> (vbvsize and vbvinitial instead of vbv_size and vbv_initial), plus
>> they're under #ifdef VBV - and I don't see that defined anywhere in
>> the FFmpeg source tree. Adding it to the command line manually
>> still fails on those two slightly changed member names, but I
>> suspect that correcting them would fix it.
> there are several branches in xvid cvs, get the correct one!
Oof. I didn't even remember to check whether or not my custom
update-with-the-options-I-used-last-time script was getting a
non-default branch... I forget exactly why I was getting dev-api-4, but
whatever the reason was appears to be obsolete; the "default" branch
(gotten if no name is specified) now appears to match the needed API.
(That would appear to also explain why compile of XviD had failed until
I specified gcc 3.4 rather than 4.0.3...)
Sorry about the confusion.
Warning: Simply because I argue an issue does not mean I agree with any
side of it.
Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel