[Ffmpeg-devel] Unrecognized file from DVB box

Jussi Pakkanen jpakkane
Wed Dec 27 16:01:28 CET 2006

Hi

I recently used a KAON digital set top box that allows people to record
programs and copy the resulting files to a computer. The resulting files
are not recognized by any FFMpeg powered video player or even current
svn's ffplay. The tv bitstream has MPEG-2 video and Dolby Digital sound,
but when I try to play it I get the following error:

[mp3 @ 0x843ab14]Could not find codec parameters (Audio: mp3, 48 kb/s)

I have uploaded a sample (robbie.zip) file to incoming. It is 12 megs in
size. I chose not to cut it down to 10 megs, because the box also writes a
meta data text file describing the recording and it has references to the
file size and such.

PS I'm not subscribed so please cc.

--
Jussi Pakkanen