[Ffmpeg-devel] Theora encoding

Paul Richards paul.richards
Thu Dec 28 14:10:22 CET 2006

Hi,
I am interested in adding Theora encoding support to Handbrake
(http://handbrake.m0k.org/).  I could do this directly inside
Handbrake, or I could go down a level and attempt to add it to ffmpeg
(which would make more sense and benefit more people).

Is anyone already thinking about Theora encoding or have advice on how
it should be done?..  Or can I simply start hacking?

My plan was to use libtheora from xiph for the encoding, but I see
that ffmpeg has hand-rolled encoders for many of the other formats.
Would using libtheora be against the "philosophy" of ffmpeg?

--
Paul Richards