[Ffmpeg-devel] for help

张 健 thujanechang
Tue Dec 12 07:12:50 CET 2006

Hi all:
    I'm a China fan of ffmpeg,and i've studied ffmpeg for about 3 weeks.I
meet trouble when i compile ffmpeg.c in VC6.0 following the steps from
URL://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html.
    First I successfully generate avcodec.lib,avformat.lib,avutil.lib and
the corresponding dll with the help of MinGW and MSYS.Secondly i
successfully compile ffmpeg.cpp and cmdutils.cpp in VC6.0,but it produce
the following errors when link:

Linking...
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int loop_input"
(?loop_input@@3HA)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _first_image_format
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _first_avcodec
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
frame_hook_add(int,char * * const)" (?frame_hook_add@@YAHHQAPAD at Z)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct AVOption *
__cdecl av_set_double(void *,char const *,double)"
(?av_set_double@@YAPAUAVOption@@PAXPBDN at Z)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "double __cdecl
av_get_double(void *,char const *,struct AVOption * *)"
(?av_get_double@@YANPAXPBDPAPAUAVOption@@@Z)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _first_protocol
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _first_iformat
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _first_oformat
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int ffm_nopts"
(?ffm_nopts@@3HA)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct AVOption *
__cdecl av_set_string(void *,char const *,char const *)"
(?av_set_string@@YAPAUAVOption@@PAXPBD1 at Z)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
av_opt_show(void *,void *)" (?av_opt_show@@YAHPAX0 at Z)
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _select at 20
ffmpeg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
frame_hook_process(struct AVPicture *,enum PixelFormat,int,int)"
(?frame_hook_process@@YAXPAUAVPicture@@W4PixelFormat@@HH at Z)
Debug/ffmpeg.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ffmpeg.exe - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

    Here I must point out that i've set the library pointer point to the
correct directory. Without this pointer it will produce about 98
errors.Then i checked the above mentioned 3 lib,i found that all the above
mentioned unresolved external symbol are all in the 3 libs.I don't know
why.
    Any reply is welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

    --ZHANGJIAN