MPEG seek crash (was: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler)

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Mon Dec 11 16:15:15 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 17:28 +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> If my chems1.vob is the same one, and anyway it should not crash indeed.
> I confirm that ffplay_g crash with current svn.

I tried that under MPlayer. With native demuxer there are no problems.
With -demuxer lavf libmpeg2 shows artifacts when seeking back and -vc
ffmpeg12 crashes. So there might be 2 bugs in ffmpeg, one in libavformat
producing invalid output and another in libavcodec causing a crash on
invalid input.

Decoding with libmpeg2 and ffmpeg12 also gives different aspect ratios,
1.78 vs 2.37. I think 1.78 looks more correct.