[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Dec 6 23:10:32 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 06:09:12PM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> M??ns Rullg??rd wrote:
> >Steve Lhomme said:
> >>Also note that this problem is due to the recent changes (improvements
> >>???) to the configure script that consider that everything is available
> >>for every platform by default.
> >
> >It does nothing of the kind.  The configure script *checks* what is
> >available, and uses only the things that are found.  Moreover, use of
> >most external libs must be explicitly requested, and only then will
> >they be checked for.  Do not speak in matters of which you do not know.
>
> I just checked the official SVN and this behaviour has changed (again)
> since there is much more code to handle the enabling/disabling of
> decoders (and others). You probably never looked at the configure script
> we are talking about (based on some older FFMPEG SVN). So check yourself
> before pointing fingers around.
>
> Now you can probably enlighten me on how a codec is not enabled by
> default if allcodecs.c contains a line like this:
>
> REGISTER_DECODER(MP3SURROUND, mp3surround);
> (again, a line we don't have since we use an older FFMPEG SVN base)

You misunderstand.  All (internal) codecs are enabled by default, yes,
but this is not what Mans was talking about.  He was talking about
(external) libraries.  None of these are enabled by default.

Diego