[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 19:23:19 CET 2006

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>> If our code happen to be useful for others, that's
>>> good for them, but we will not make compromises with the sole purpose of
>>> doing what FFMPEG should we able to do in the first place.
>>
>> And what, pray tell, is it you think ffmpeg should be able to do but
>> isn't?
>
> - WMV/VC1, AC3, AAC, DTS, RealVideo40 decoding in the LGPL code, (VC1 is
> getting there)
> - DivX encoding using the DivX encoder,
> - MP3Surround encoding, keeping all channels (no downmixing),
> - DirectShow capture,
> - Seeking by bytes in AVISynth scripts,
> - Internal file concatenation.
>
> That's all I can think about for the moment.

And also:

- compile with more C compilers (MSVC Express in our case),
- not crash when seeking in MPEG2 sources,
- not crash in general (return with an error instead), nobody wants to
use a GUI that crashes when there's an error.

Steve