[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 17:32:51 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Halawani, Abdelmalek said:
>> As a reminder, here I compile "drffmpeg" using "gcc version 3.4.3 (Mandrake Linux
>> 10.2 3.4.3-7mdk)", which is the same compiler that has no problem compiling the
>> most recent "ffmpeg".
>>
>> I expect that drffmpeg should compile using gcc with no problems. I really think
>> that there is something missing.
>>
>> I disabled snow.c and then vp3.c. However, the error stream continues. Below is a
>> chunk of the stream.
>>
>> mp3sencoder.h:79: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `Mp3sEnc_Open'
>> mp3sencoder.h:79: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
>> mp3sencoder.h:89: error: syntax error before "Mp3sEnc_Init"
>
> I told you to steer clear of that thing.

Or maybe just follow the advice of people who really know about this
code. And disable the MP3 Surround encoder that you obviously don't have
on your Linux. It's currently only available as a closed source binary
on Windows.

Steve