[Ffmpeg-devel] Bitstreams with escapes

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 30 14:59:24 CEST 2006

Hi

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 08:05:13AM +0300, Kostya wrote:
> I'm currently working on VC-1 Advanced Profile and has discovered
> that data in EBDU units is stored with escapes like that:
> 0x00 0x00 0x00 -> 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x00
> 0x00 0x00 0x01 -> 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x01
> (and frames in WVC1 codec are escaped too).
>
> And now is the question: it is possible to tie somehow bitstream_filter
> to codec so it will unescape data before passing it to decoder so
> this won't be done in decode_frame

no such system exists currently but it would be great if someone (you?)
would add that
but such a system should not only be per codec but per (de)muxer+codec
so it could also be used for to convert bewteen the various AC3 variants
between mpeg4 ASP with or without global headers and between the different
global header formats of h.264

> (look into jpeg_ls.c how unescaping
> is done now, it will also gain from that).

and h264 and normal jpeg ...