[Ffmpeg-devel] Windows Help Wiki

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Aug 24 18:17:57 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:20:38PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 07:05:34PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> >
> > Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >You have to provide sources along with your binaries.  To be on the safe
> > >side I'd include a README (or similar) file that states all licensing
> > >information, possibly along with the license texts.
> > >
> > I make no changes to the source code. Is it ok to just point to
> > http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html and say what revision number I
> > used?
>
> We won't sue you, but to comply with the letter of the (L)GPL you have
> to distribute source along with your binaries.

To clarify: along with does not mean it has to be in the same zip file
or anything, just that you need to distribute it somehow from the
"same place" where you offer the binary download. In particular you
should make it easy to get the _exact_ version of the source you used,
as opposed to whatever the current version on the ffmpeg download site
happens to be.

Rich