[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Raw h261 broken

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Aug 21 01:56:22 CEST 2006

Hi

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> btw do these decode correctly with any (binary) decoder?
>
> lotr.mov plays correctly in QT 7.0.0 and 7.1.2 on Mac OS X.  I found a
> H.261 decoder in the QT DLLs with the help of Compn on IRC that worked
> flawlessly on x86 Linux with MPlayer's native demuxer, but it fails with
> libavformat.  So lotr.mov should be a valid file, but the libavformat
> MOV demuxer is still buggy about it.

Yes. Qt binary codecs with lavf demuxer wont work in mplayer since
vd_qtvideo.c passes whole 'stsd' atom to codec. demuxer_mov.c stores
whole 'stsd' atom in ImageDesc which is passed to qt codec.

> [...]

I don't know if lavf demuxer reports wrong size since it reports what is
stored in mov file, quicktime also says 320x200.

Maybe it is a decoder problem ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312