[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] artifacts in Ogg/OGM files after seeking

Rich Felker dalias
Fri Aug 18 18:58:44 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 01:21:03AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 00:01 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > each seek.  This is a roadblock on the way to replace MPlayer native
> > demuxers with libavformat.
>
> I think it's a bit early to call that a roadblock; supporting subtitles
> through lavf is necessary before we could talk about "replacing" and
> likely significantly more work.

Yes, but this is very much desirable anyway, especially with NUT on
the way... :)

> Btw there's a general seeking issue when using lavf demuxers in MPlayer:
> relative seeks completely fail if they'd go before the start of the file
> with AVSEEK_FLAG_BACKWARD, which means that it's practically impossible
> to seek back to the start in MPlayer.

Easy to fix in demux_lavf.c: just do absolute seek to 0 if seek
backward fails and the stream is seekable.

Rich