[Ffmpeg-devel] SSE2 Crashing

Brian Brice bbrice
Thu Aug 17 05:13:58 CEST 2006

Hi!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring this up, but maybe
others have experience with this issue.  I've compiled ffmpeg with
gcc-3.4.5/ld-2.16-91 in mingw.  It seems to work correctly in the
ffmpeg program, but when I use the libraries with something else,
then I experience crashes involving SSE2 instructions.  The crashes
were occurring in lavc/i386/fdct_mmx.c, fdct_row_sse2.  I do have
SSE and the memalign hack enabled.  The function that calls
fdct_row_sse2 is ff_fdct_sse2 allocates a buffer that is aligned
to to an 8 byte boundary.  I've watched the allocation of this
buffer and it seems to not actually be aligned correctly.  Is this
a problem with my version of gcc?  Anyone else experience this and
figure out a way around it?  Thanks.

--
Brian Brice