[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG decoder duplicates second last frame?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Aug 13 00:32:59 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 12:04:34AM +0200, Stefan Heinzmann wrote:

> --- Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 08:08:07PM +0200, Stefan Heinzmann
> > wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > the MPEG decoder seems to duplicate the frame before the
> > > last. I've seen this on an MPEG1 video stream that was
> > part
> > > of an MPEG2(SS). The last frame is produced correctly
> > when
> > > calling av_video_decode with NULL.
> > >
> > > The decode example shows this, too; it produces one ppm
> > file
> > > too much, and careful examination shows that there are
> > two
> > > files produced from the second last frame.
> > >
> > > The ffmpeg application also produces one more frame on
> > output
> > > than what the original file contains.
> > >
> > > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > no, it has been fixed ages ago
>
> Really? It seems to have come back then. svn update today,
> build on linux x86 still produces the problem here.

ive already tried to reproduce it but no images from the mpeg files
i tried are duplicate in the output, so iam sorry i cant help
unless you provide enough info so it can be reproduced