[Ffmpeg-devel] [ADD] New vhook: logo.c

Bob Free bfree
Tue Aug 8 08:13:31 CEST 2006

I'm new to FFMPEG - I'd like to submit a new vhook that provides an example
of using libavformat's av_read_image; I wrote it primarily to get familiar
with the FFMPEG codebase - but thought it might be useful to FFMPEG users
and new developers.

It composites GIF/PNG images with transparency/alpha-channels onto video,
optionally with a translucent drop-shadow.  I've posted an example and
documentation at: http://graphcomp.com/ffmpeg/#plugins

Since it uses av_read_image, there's no need for imlib2 or other libs to
load images.

The attached file should be added at trunk/vhook/logo.c - please mark author
as 'bfree' or 'Bob (grafman) Free'.

I'll follow this posting with a patch submittal for trunk/vhook/Makefile

I believe I followed coding standards correctly; let me know if I've missed
something.

Looking forward to participating in ffmpeg-devel! - Bob