[Ffmpeg-devel] Swapping lines in RGB24 image

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Aug 8 01:37:18 CEST 2006

ffmpeg devel tooltech wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am working on a viewer using OpenGL textures and in that case it would
> be great to get the possibility to swap the order of the lines in a
> RGB24 image when converted from other formats.
>
> If this would be interesting to more people, would it be best to
> introduce a new format or would it be ok with a new function or a
> parameter instead ?

Can you explain a bit more what this format looks like? I have never
heard of an application for an RGB24 image with "lines swapped". But I
also know that 3D graphics hardware can require strange things of source
images.

Do you mean that lines 0 and 1 are swapped, 2 and 3, 4, and 5, etc.? If
so, I was wondering what theoretical foundation drives this design?

--
	-Mike Melanson