[Ffmpeg-devel] how to compile output_example.c

Turbo sandeep_kr
Sun Aug 6 11:38:21 CEST 2006

The ffmpeg installation automatically compiles output_example.c and
generates the executable output_example.
But I have made a few changes into the source code and want to compile it
standalone. How to do it?

I tried doing:-
g++ -Wall -g -o output_example output_example.cpp -I
/usr/local/include/ffmpeg/ -lavformat -lavcodec
-lavutil -lm -lz -ldl

But I am getting these errors:-
undefined reference to `sws_getContext(int, int, int, int, int, int, int,
void*, void*, double*)'
and
undefined reference to `sws_scale(SwsContext*, unsigned char**, int*, int,
int, unsigned char**, int*)'

PS: I am new to ffmpeg libraries and am trying to learn and get acquainted
with ffmpeg's tough api.

--
I do know everything, just not all at once. It's a virtual memory problem.
Home Page : http://students.iiit.ac.in/~sandeep_kr