[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Aug 4 12:19:10 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 12:40:05AM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >
> >Great, here are a few small comments:
> >
> >- Hmm, WinRAR...  I'd rather see you advertise free software to unpack
> >  tarballs.  7zip comes to mind.
> >
> Will do tomorrow. I'll leave WinRAR as an option though, pointing out
> that 7zip is preferable.

To be completely honest I would leave the installation of a
decompression program out of your guide and maybe just mention a few
that are capable of doing it.  Whoever sets out to compile FFmpeg
should have no problems installing a simple tool.  Besides, if you
mention a specific version your guide is bound to get outdated very
quickly.

Diego