[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Aug 3 18:14:43 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 03:28:10AM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 09:35:33AM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> >
> >>How about having something like
> >>http://ml20rc.msnfanatic.com/ffmpeg/msysguide.html ? (with proper
> >>formatting)
> >
> >Link added to this page from our documentation page.
> >
> Thanks...
> It wasn't quite finished. Now it's much better... I hope it helps reduce
> the number of windows-only-related "bugs"...

Great, here are a few small comments:

- The official statement about FFmpeg and MSVC is not that FFmpeg
  depends too much on gcc, but that MSVC does not adhere to the C
  standard.
- Hmm, WinRAR...  I'd rather see you advertise free software to unpack
  tarballs.  7zip comes to mind.

Other than that it looks good, thanks for creating it.

Diego