[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Aug 3 09:00:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 11:35 +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 10:49 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> > Did you experiment with shared libs as well?
> Sorry, I did not try (I rarely use shared libraries on linux, too ;-). I
> simply did
> ./configure --enable-memaling-hack; make
>
> This evening I'll try shared libs on mingw and I'll let you know
Ok, I tried, and I had 3 small problems:
1) libavformat/gxf.c, line 201:
    extern const AVRational ff_frame_rate_tab[];
somehow, mingw does not like this (ff_frame_rate_tab is defined in a
different dll). I do not know if some compiler directive can be used to
make ff_frame_rate visible, or some other hack has to be used (or if the
problem is limited to my mingw installation ;-)
2) As already noticed by others, executables are linked to
libav{util,codec,format}-major.dll, but libav{util,codec,format}.dll are
installed. I fixed this by changing $(SLIBNAME) with
$(SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR) in the install-lib-shared rule. But I do not know
if this is the right solution (anyway, linking to one library and
installing a different one seems strange ;-)
3) libraries are installed somewhere that is not in my path, so windows
does not find them. After changing the PATH environment variable,
everything worked ok (this is not a real bug: when using shared
libraries, I often have to set env variables - on linux,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Anyway, no big problems... I'd say that the cygwin port is in a good
shape (or that I've been extremely lucky ;-)

				Luca