[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG2 seeking broken

Ulrich von Zadow coder
Tue Aug 1 17:21:44 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 04:38:52PM +0200, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
>> Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
>>> I've managed to reproduce the error with a version of ffplay modified as
>>> per the attached patch. The modified version seeks using the video
>>> stream. For xvids, this works perfectly, for mpeg2s, it produces garbled
>>> images and the error messages that you've already seen.
>> In an attempt to maybe get notification if someone fixes the bug, I've
>> opened a bug report in bugzilla.
>>
>> Is it ok to upload the 200k test movie there?
>
> Yes.

Done.

I still have the feeling I'm sending my messages into a black box. Is
anyone fixing this stuff? I've found more bugs (for instance, realvideo
seeking seems broken as well in some cases) and I'd really like to help
ffmpeg stability, but this really requires more cooperation than terse
one-line messages and ffmpeg developers disagreeing on the proper way to
send in bug reports.

Note that I don't expect anyone to immediately fix everything (you're
doing this in your free time, I know), but a message to the effect 'I'm
working on it' (or even 'Sorry, I know this is my area, but I don't have
time right now') would be great. Also, Mans is currently the only one
that's subscribed to the bug report in bugzilla, so I'm afraid if anyone
else wants to help, that person not getting all the information he should.

Regards,

   Uli