[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Tue Aug 1 17:16:07 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 03:39:00PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> fully agree
>>>
>>> and if there are no objections can the admins create such a thing?
>> I think it's a waste of time. Given the only answer anyone will ever get
>> there is: don't use windows or don't use MSVC. Given it's already on the
>> webpage there's no reason to create something that will just create even
>> more frustration from users of your code.
>
> You misunderstand.  This is a constructive suggestion aimed at
> separating the Windows users from the Windows-hating crowd.  This should
> make the lives of both factions easier.
>
> People like you can subscribe there and give support, this will create
> an easily searchable archive for Windows-related questions.

That sounds like a semi-official ground for a windows fork, which I
would agree with and contribute to. Given the main problem with windows
is not really windows (cygwin and mingw are officially supported) but
MSVC I think it shouldn't be named ffmpeg-windows but ffmpeg-msvc or
maybe ffmpeg-other_cc.

Steve