[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: dv video format with 32 kHz audio?

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli
Wed Apr 26 08:57:19 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 06:56:33PM -0700, Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
>   I kinda hate Sony lately, with all the crap they've been pushing onto
>   consumers I wonder whether an engineering core is still left in
>   that bottomless pit of despair.

Shit happens and dumb customers pay.

>   Well, its rather easy to just inject a proper audio into an existing
>   DV frame-set without wasting extra disk space. I think I still might
>   have a handy utility which does that on my laptop. Will let you know.

This might work too.

>   Its more than that -- you also need to apply what's being done
>   in dv_audio_12to16 and futz with the proper # of samples per frame.

'ffmpeg -i' showed that the dvgrab'ed videos already had 16 bit samples,
so I wouldn't need to create a 16to12 function. I'll try to understand
struct DVprofile and its use in dv_inject_audio and dv_write_pack.
If/when I have more questions I'll bug you again.

>   Yes ;-) http://www.adamwilt.com/

Thanks.

-Mikko