[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: RTSP with Axis 213 camera

Michael A. Kohn mike
Wed Apr 19 21:35:34 CEST 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, [windows-1252] Fran?ois Revol wrote:

> > > I've started implementing that, but the RTP code in ffmpeg is split
> > > in
> > > 2 independant parts and to send the RR it needs the stats from
> > > rtp.c
> > > and the socket from rtpproto.c...
> >
> > If I remember well, the rtcp primitive in lavf were mainly
> > implemented/used for
> > the server side of ffmpeg rtp/rtsp code and it seems very hard to use
> > these
> > rtcp primitive
> > for the client part without refactoring a lot of code. (ie. needed
> > context
> > were not
> > available when in client mode etc..). Nevertheless one need to put
> > his hands
> > in, one day or another ;-)
> >

> Yes that's it...
> I hacked up some code, but it doesn't seem to send anything...
> maybe someone has a clue ? see attached.
> Maybe the rtcp socket isn't connected and it must use sendto() with
> the server address... didn't check the udp_open code yet.
>

> > > The RFC is not the easiest on stomac...
> > > http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1889.html
> >
> > I would add http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3550.html
>
> whichever :P
>

> Fran?ois.

Are you opening up and closing the socket again?  I'm was doing something
very similar.. except in the file rtpproto.c in the rtp_read function,
if ffmpeg gets an RTCP packet from the camera it also sends an RTCP packet
back to the camera using the same socket handle..  I don't open or close
anything... when I look at my test program under tcpdump it shows the
56 byte UDP packet going back to the camera...

/mike