[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem w/FFMpeg

Mike admin
Mon Apr 10 12:31:27 CEST 2006

I have tried to install the FFMpeg perl module to my server but it keeps
failing now this is way above my head so I had my NOC support try and
install the FFMpeg perl module on my server but it keeps failing. Below is
what my NOC support told me:

Hi Mike,

3rd party perl modules are not supported by CPanel. Here is the reply we got
from Cpanel support when we requested for help

Dear Customer,

This module is not included with, nor is it supported by the cPanel
distribution. However, I did find a relevant section in the FFmpeg readme
related to this particular problem:

"INSTALLATION

To install this module type the following:

# set $FFMPEG_ROOT environmental variable to /path/to/ffmpeg/source perl
Makefile.PL make make  test"

You will need to set the FFMPEG_ROOT environment variable to the path of the
FFMpeg source directory prior to building the makefile.

Below is the error I get when I try to install through my Web Host Manager:

Attempting to install FFmpeg

spawn /scripts/perlinstaller FFmpeg

Method: Perl Expect

Fetching CPAN mirrors...Done

Testing connection speed...(this could take a while)....................Done

Three usable mirrors located

Mirror Check passed for mirrors.24-7-solutions.net (/index.html)

Dropping unknown config variable 'less'

Dropping unknown config variable 'make_test'

commit: wrote '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.4/CPAN/Config.pm'

CPAN: File::HomeDir loaded ok

CPAN: Storable loaded ok

Going to read /home/.cpan/Metadata

  Database was generated on Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:46:17 GMT

Running install for module FFmpeg

Running make for A/AL/ALLENDAY/FFmpeg-0.03.tar.gz

CPAN: Digest::SHA loaded ok

CPAN: Module::Signature loaded ok

WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!

Primary key fingerprint: 2E66 557A B97C 19C7 91AF  8E20 328D A867 450F 89EC

Signature for /home/.cpan/sources/authors/id/A/AL/ALLENDAY/CHECKSUMS ok

CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok

Checksum for /home/.cpan/sources/authors/id/A/AL/ALLENDAY/FFmpeg-0.03.tar.gz
ok

Scanning cache /home/.cpan/build for sizes

FFmpeg-0.03/

FFmpeg-0.03/t/

FFmpeg-0.03/t/05.mp2.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/01.FFmpeg.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/06.mp3.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/09.http.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/04.mov.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/07.m2v.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/02.asf.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/10.perf.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/08.capture.t

FFmpeg-0.03/t/03.avi.t

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.asf

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.mov

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.mpg

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.mp2

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.avi

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t3.asf

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t2.asf

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.mp3

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t2.avi

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t2.mov

FFmpeg-0.03/eg/t1.m2v

FFmpeg-0.03/Changes

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/StreamGroup.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Stream/

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Stream/Video.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Stream/Unknown.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Stream/Data.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Stream/Audio.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/FileFormat.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Stream.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/ImageFormat.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg/Codec.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/MANIFEST

FFmpeg-0.03/META.yml

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg.xs

FFmpeg-0.03/fonts.dir

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg.pm

FFmpeg-0.03/FFmpeg.c

FFmpeg-0.03/Makefile.PL

FFmpeg-0.03/README

Removing previously used /home/.cpan/build/FFmpeg-0.03

Package came without SIGNATURE

  CPAN.pm: Going to build A/AL/ALLENDAY/FFmpeg-0.03.tar.gz

you didn't define environmental variable $FFMPEG_ROOT at Makefile.PL line 6.

CPAN: YAML loaded ok

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK

Running make install

  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

perlmod--Install done

Can you please help me with this problem?

My server is running:

WHM 10.8.0

cPanel 10.8.1-C112

CentOS 3.6 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0