[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: BUG: AC3 encode volume is low

Pierre Marc Dumuid pierre.dumuid
Sat Apr 8 03:09:13 CEST 2006

Hi Matthieu,
Re: http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-April/010010.html
As I said, I wasn't on the mailing list, (I took a peek on the logs to
see if any discussion had resulted)  Please CC me any discussion,
(though I will take a peek)

Regarding there being a discussion, these discussions are quite old... I
read them, and didn't completely understand them, though I get the
feeling that nothing got committed to fix the problem.  Is the problem
unfixable?  (because a poor definition of a formula).  If so, maybe a
message should be displayed indicating the attenuation.  Alternatively,
a command argument could be used such as --use_dodgy_ac3_formula...

Pierre
Matthiey wrote:

Pierre Marc Dumuid wrote:
>/ I am filing a bug for:  AC3 encode volume is low
/>/ The page, http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/bugreports.php suggest emailing
/>/ this mail list the bug, and doesn't give reference to the bug reporting
/>/ system at sourceforge, but I will submit it here and there, (Note I am
/>/ not on the mailing list).
/>/ Regards,
/>/ Pierre
/>/
/This problem was already discussed on this ML :
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/19353
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/21516

Matthieu