[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] floor plan and accomodation

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Apr 7 01:58:07 CEST 2006

Hi all,

An email just came in from the Linuxtag organizers.  A preliminary
floor plan has finally been drawn up.  We've been suitably placed next
to Linux Audio, VDR, and MythTV.

With less than a month to go, I'd like to see some planning activity
get started.  For starters, who's coming, and for how long?  I'll be
there for the entire duration, arriving the day before to set things
up, and I have a flight back on Sunday, so will be able to take part
in tearing things down too.  I'll bring with me a laptop, some DVDs,
and a digital camera or two.  What sort of gear will the rest of you
be able to contribute?  Last year we had a projector displaying some
video.  Doing the same this year would be nice, should someone among
you have such a device.  On the less techy side of things, we should
have some posters to decorate the booth with.  IIRC, someone said he
had an mplayer poster.  Well, I can't think of any more things right
now, and I'll soon be running out of lines of this length anyway ;-)

---quote---
Dear Project,

with this mailing we would like to inform you about:
  o Booth Plans
  o Sleeping in a gym
  o Sleeping in a hotel

1. Booth Plans

We are absolutely sorry that it took this long, but several unexpected
things happend last days. Finally we have finished the booth planning
for the free software projects. You can find the preliminary plan on our
website at
  http://www.linuxtag.org/2006/tmp/aufplanung-projekte-v1.0-public.jpg

We have expanded the area for the free projects by additional 100qm to
totally about 600qm, to have enough space for nearly 80 exhibiting
projects. It was a really hard job to fit every project into this plan
and we have tried to do our best.

If you see problems, please contact us: projects at linuxtag.org

You can find additional information, like setup-instructions on our
exhibitor information page [1], which is actually only available in
German. English instructions will follow soon.

2. Cheap Sleeping Place

We managed to rent a gym at a school nearby Rhein-Main-Hallen. So at
least 200 people can sleep there from tuesday to saturday. We are
actually seting up a registration system and trying to organize some
breakfast. If you are from Wiesbaden or know local volunteers, which
would like to help us with this task, do not hesitate to contact us.
More information and registration will come during next days.

3. Special Rate at Achat Hotel and Crowne Plaza

We have special rates for two hotels in Wiesbaden. The Achat Hotel is a
10 minutes walk from the exhibition away. The price for a single room is
54 EUR, a double 59 EUR per night. The Crowne Plaza is located besides
the Rhein-Main-Hallen (3 minutes) and more comfortable. A single room
costs 109 EUR, a double 119 EUR per night. All rates include breakfast.
If you would like to place an order, please contact schulte at linuxtag.org
We need your first- and lastname, arrival and departure date, single- or
double room and if you prefer a smoker or non-smoker room.

Regards,

Wolfgang Drotschmann, Marko Jung, Martin Schulte
Project Committee LinuxTag 2006

PS. Please register for project workshops!

[1]http://www.linuxtag.org/2006/de/aussteller/informationen.html
[2]http://www.achat-hotel.de/wDeutsch/02_hotels/Uebersicht_Hotels/26_Uebersicht.php
[3]http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/394/de/hd/wiege
---end quote---