[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG crashes on WinXP SP2

Adam Pierce adam
Tue Apr 4 13:33:21 CEST 2006

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Adam Pierce wrote:
>> I found an additional clue. It works OK when statically linked, it is
>> the --enable-shared which does it. Unfortunately, I want the DLLs so
>> I can link it with an MSVC++ GUI front-end.
>
> Make sure your .exe uses the matching .dll. You can use Dependency
> Walker to check what your .exe is using.
>
> Steve

Thanks for replying so quickly. According to depends.exe, the DLLs are
indeed the ones compiled alongside the executable. I recompiled the
whole thing from CVS just now and it would not run until I copied the
DLLs eg:

  cp libavformat/avformat.dll ./
  cp libavcodec/avcodec.dll ./
  cp libavutil/avutil.dll ./
  ./ffmpeg -i test1.asf test1.mpeg

This time I got "The application failed to initialize properly
(0xc0000005)" which sounds pretty dire. I think I will re-install MinGW
from scratch and try it again. I had previously updated my MinGW gcc to
version 3.4.2 maybe that has something to do with it.

--