[Ffmpeg-devel] Visual studio .net problem

Lucio Marcenaro lucio.marcenaro
Tue Sep 27 16:59:19 CEST 2005

Martin, thanks for your answer
I've just read the document you sent and double checked the procedure.

The problem seems to be extremely strange to me as well...
However here we go:
- created project and sln for output_example (see attach)
- compiled with visual studio linking with avcodec.lib avformat.lib
avutil.lib -> compiles and executes (command line: output_example.exe
output.mpeg) but returns NULL at avcodec_find_encoder(c->codec_id);
- compiled with visual studio linking with libavcodec.a libavformat.a
libavutil.a libgcc.a -> compiles and works fine
- compiled with mingw (with static or shared libs) -> compiles and works
fine

I'm trying to install Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 now
At the moment i am using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 7.1.3088

	Lucio