[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Memory leak in output_example ... ?

Mat heavensdoor78
Fri Sep 23 12:18:10 CEST 2005

Martin Boehme wrote:

>> Another memory leak with MP4 codec... that goes away if I modify
>> h263.c:1745  ,  av_mallocz  in  av_mallocz_static
>
> Can you provide a patch of the changes you made?

CVS ( 2005-09-23 )
Sure but you are warned: my knowledge of ffmpeg is little and I don't
know if my changes are correct.
Someone with more experience should control my changes.

 From the last message of Burkhard I controlled my changes better and I
think this:
- libavcodec/h263.c:1745   ( correct change I suppose )
- libavcodec/mpeg12.c:800   ( correct change I suppose )
- libavcodec/mpegaudiodec.c:384   ( invalid change... probably I should
free the resource in the local scope instead of changing to *_static )
- libavcodec/mpegvideo.c: 596   ( correct change I suppose )
- libavcodec/utils.c: 768   ( mmm... I don't know now... I had to watch
better the results... perhaps incorrect )

Another thing: I used only a few codecs and I think the same problems
accour with different codecs...