[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] H.264 + AltiVec == heavy artefacts

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Sep 23 02:10:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

Have a look at

http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/h264_altivec.jpg

it's a screenshot of MPlayer playing

http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/bbc-africa_m720p.mov

and it shows really bad artefacts, black blocks all over the image.  Any
other H.264 movie will do as well.  ffplay has the same issues, which go
away if I compile with --disable-altivec.

I'm trying to find out which function exactly is causing the problems
but I haven't quite figured out yet how h264.c falls back to AltiVec or
other CPU-specific optimizations (yes, I'm lame and I know all about
it).  Any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Diego