[Ffmpeg-devel] An MPEG2/AC3 audio that ffmpeg cannot properlyidentify (or play)

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Thu Sep 22 17:01:53 CEST 2005

Ronen Mizrahi wrote:

>>>   M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>

>> That's only for DVD.  In general, private stream 1 can contain
>> anything.  In this case it contains raw ac3 audio, no substreams or
>> such things.
>>
>> What is the exact origin of this file?  DVB typically uses MPEG-TS,
>> but this is MPEG-PS.  Has it been remuxed?  What software did you use
>> to grab it?

it know that it sucks, but I fixed mplayer's demuxer making it analyze the
first 4 bytes of the pes payload when it finds a non recognized
pes_private1 stream:
if it finds 0b77 it assumes it's ac3

 Sponsor:
 Audio, Video, HI-FI...oltre 2.000 prodotti di alta qualit? a prezzi da sogno solo su Visualdream.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2954&d=22-9