[Ffmpeg-devel] XMV Decoder

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Sep 20 16:38:10 CEST 2005

James Slater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a demuxer for the XMV video format used by many Xbox games.
> After examining some sample files I've worked out the basic structure of
> the format and have some of them decoding (almost) correctly in ffmpeg.
>
> The file structure is entirely new as far as I can tell, but the video
> data is WMV2 and the audio either PCM - in most of them - or a custom
> ADCPM variant that I haven't devoted any time to yet.

	A little bird once told me that the XMV format was on the horizon but
it was nothing but MS ASF containers with MS WMV2/WMV8 video and MS
ADPCM audio. So you may want to push the audio through FFmpeg's MS ADPCM
decoder and see what happens.

	And if you can provide some samples for us to study, that would be useful.
--
	-Mike Melanson