[Ffmpeg-devel] Input image format for encoding...

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Sep 20 10:21:44 CEST 2005

Mat wrote:
> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
>> Mat wrote:
>>
>>> For the system load, is it better RGB 32 ( RGBA ) or RGB 24 with
>>> ffmpeg lib?
>>

>> The better is YUV420P.
>

> Sure... but I thought I couldn't use YUV with my framegrabber.
> I see now that I can, so I go for YUV :)
> Tnx Michel

A note of caution: YUV is rather vague. What you need is YUV420P which
is: HEIGHT lines of WIDTH bytes of luminance, followed by HEIGHT/2 lines
of WIDTH/2 bytes of chrominance (I can never remember if its Cr or Cb),
followed by the same for the other chrominance.

If your grabber doesnt support that format, you have to use another one
then use img_convert.

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux