[Ffmpeg-devel] Decoding images (jpeg) from an url

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Sep 19 15:00:41 CEST 2005

Stefan Lucke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need some little help on decoding images via url like:
> http://w.x.y.z:9001/disk/photo/O2385(1536x1024,0).jpg
>
> from the following code:
>     if ((rc = av_open_input_file(&ic, url, NULL, 0, NULL)) >= 0) {
>       if (av_find_stream_info(ic) >= 0) {
>         playable = true;
>       }
>     }
>
>   fprintf(stderr, "FfmpegIO: url(%s) is %splayable %p (rc = %d)\n",
>           url,
>           (playable) ? "": "NOT ", ic, rc);
>
> I get:
> FfmpegIO: url(http://w.x.y.z:9001/disk/photo/O2385(1536x1024,0).jpg) is NOT playable (nil) (rc = -6)
>
> It works fine for mp3 urls and with stuttering audio and video for vdr files.
> FfmpegIO: url(http://w.x.y.z:9001/disk/music/O562.mp3) is playable 0x87a51c0 (rc = 0)
> FfmpegIO: url(http://w.x.y.z:9001/disk/video/O4712.vdr) is playable 0x8720de0 (rc = 0)
>
> Would be nice if some could give me a hint how to proceed.

Since we cat access the URLs in question, and anyway the program as
published is incomplete, I can only suggest you look in the source the
reasons why av_open_input_file can return -6.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be