[Ffmpeg-devel] The "Intermingled Mess" issue.

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Sep 19 13:45:37 CEST 2005

Christian Iversen wrote:

> Just my 5c, but wouldn't something like "make menuconfig" from the Linux
> kernel be the perfect way to configure ffmpeg? For instance, MP3_DECODER
> could depend on COMMON_MPEG_ROUTINES which could pull in SOME_IDCT_ROUTINE,
> etc. All this would happen automatically, and the user would have no problem
> configuring this library.
>
> This is just a loose idea, of course - any comments?

kbuild is relatively easy to use, offers large benefits but is a bit
strange, but isn't as weird as autotools, scons and imake

Given would be quite easy make the current configure output a .config
that kbuild can use (making the transition painless).

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero