[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG code a mess

Gábor Farkas gabor
Mon Sep 19 11:43:49 CEST 2005

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> G?bor Farkas said:
>>>Functions.
>>
>>static methods could solve this problem for you
>

> They still need a class context to live in.  If you had ever worked on a JVM
> implementation you'd know that this is far more complicated than plain ol' C
> functions.

that might be true. but i don't understand.
in which way does that affect you as a developer who USES java?

>>please read my answers to the other poster's mails on this topic.
>>
>>and, if it REALLY matters to you to STORE those numbers IN MEMORY in the
>>unsigned form, i think maybe java is not the most suitable language. i
>

> That's what I started off saying.  You've just proven my point.

i thought your original point was:
"OOP is sometimes quite useful.  However, Java is always wrong."

;)

but still. i think i understand what you mean, and i also think that you
understand what i mean. so we can close this discussion ;)

gabor