[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG code a mess

Jason Tackaberry tack
Fri Sep 16 20:24:51 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 14:15 -0400, Schoenblum, Joel wrote:
> entire library is an intermingled mess.   If this library had been written
> in an object oriented format, this could never have happened.

What do you hope to accomplish by your email?  What possible positive
outcome could your your email have?  Do you suppose the ffmpeg
developers will read your email and have an epiphany?  "Oh my god, he's
right, I never noticed before he said it, but our library is a total
intermingled mess!  I'd better stop what I'm doing right now and
refactor the entire thing, lest we agitate future Win32 coders!"

Of course, you're obviously right.  Sprinkling the magic object-oriented
pixie dust makes any bad library usable.  After all, any good programmer
knows that you can't write a bad object-oriented API.

Your entire email was childish and pointless, except perhaps to make you
feel better about yourself.  Grow up.

Jason.